Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Facebook Is A Fickle Mistress

I heard her siren song.  I followed.  I abandoned my "heart".  I have come home.

I do love Facebook, but I abandoned my blog to "poke", "update", and "send flair".    I miss putting my thoughts, challenges, and struggles out there.  I still journal, but there is something different about public posting (even if nobody is reading it - I'm sure the ones who were reading have stopped checking back here)

There is so much I want to share about what is going on in my life... what God is doing... what I am reading... what I am thinking... where I am going... conferences that I am attending... relationships that sustain me... relationships that drain me.  

So much.

I have been dreaming HUGE Kingdom dreams and I am ready to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog. I was thrilled to see the "1" when I looked to see if you had posted. I agree with you! Facebook is a total waste of time unless it is used to communicate care and concern to people...or to find out news about the sick, etc. But it has become a rah..rah...who can have the most fun..and who can have the greatest day. I decided last night to stop posting. I don't think anyone will even notice. So we both were hit by the "lightning strike" at the same time. It does "sing a siren song," but when you get there, it is shallow and meaningless. I'll be checking every day for your blog entries, and pray for you to have clarity of thought and wisdom from God. Love you, M

Anonymous said...

I did not mean to be anonymous.