Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Life Well Lived

IRENE "TENNIE" WOOD WILLIAMS
APRIL 5, 1916 - JUNE 2, 2008

Some woman, that grandmother of mine. I have been trying to narrow down what I would share about her at her funeral Thursday. So many stories and so many memories. 92 years! Wow! I believe we were all "prepared" that this day would come, but it is still very difficult.

Grandma loved Jesus Christ, her Lord and Savior. My grandfather, Russell Jefferson Williams, loved Jesus Christ. What a reunion took place yesterday!

My prayer for this week is that we honor God and honor my grandmother as we celebrate her life and her love. She was the last one of my living grandparents. I was so blessed to have four wonderful grandparents who loved me (and spoiled me) so much.

She truly fought the good fight.





2 comments:

Rach said...

Yeah for her life! I'm sure that whatever you say on Thursday will be a blessing to everyone and I'm sure she would be happy too-love and prayers to you this week :o)

The Buntens said...

Oh, Russ I am sorry for the loss of your grandma. I am so happy she loved Jesus and spoiled you! She sounds like she lived a wonderful life!