Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cosmo, Hillary, and Some Darn Good Peanut Brittle

Pretty good Sunday afternoon, I'd say. Rain! Thank you, God! I was just curled up in the chair with my cat, Cosmo...what a snuggler (I think that's a word) he is. I was eating some awesome peanut brittle made for me by a friend, Marlene Hagstrom. I ate the entire container of it this afternoon, and if you saw how much there was...well...you'd be as embarrassed for me as I am! Good stuff.

While I was enjoying the brittle and my cat, I was watching a Hillary Clinton rally from Maquoketa, Iowa. I love politics. I've been a "political junkie" for most of my adult life, and I love all of this! If you know me, you know I'm a Democrat through and through. I am definitely 100% behind Senator Clinton, and am excited about the future with her as President.

I didn't really want to talk about her, but about the attitudes I see about the election season. I am well aware that I am the abnormality and most people do not enjoy any of the political process. I give you that. I just get so frustrated when I hear people say things like, "I don't trust any of them."(candidates) That saddens me. It's cynicism, and cynicism is just an excuse for not helping. When people say things like that, I just think it is so unpatriotic. Patriotism is more than putting a yellow ribbon on your car. I believe patriotism requires me to cast a vote that is educated.

I may disagree with your views, and you may disagree with mine. Cynicism is not a "view" I accept, though. Read up on the candidates. What's important to you? You don't have to watch C-Span 18 hours a day, but pay attention to what is happening. It's pretty important stuff. Way too important for cynicism.

No comments: