Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Transformers

Transformers. No...not the movie. If you know me, you know I don't see a lot of movies. I like going to movies, but I think my expectations are always too high and I end up disappointed. I see usually about two "films" a year, but I plan to see more in 2008. One of my best buds, Jake Carpenter, loves movies...sees just about everything that comes out. Seriously. I get to go with him sometimes to the theater, and we've seen some bad ones ("I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry") and some good ones. ("I Am Legend" - although it totally freaked me out). I enjoy going with Jake, though; and that's what makes it worth it.

OK. I said this was not about movies. I have been doing what we probably all do to some extent this time of each year. I have been reflecting on the past year, and looking to the new one. I am excited about what God has in store for me in 2008. I'm committed to making some changes and pursuing some things God has called me to do. Not resolutions, per se. Transformations that come about through revelations. Revelation is progressive. Transformation is, too. From glory to glory to glory.

I think growth happened for me in 2007, and all that the Holy Spirit has taught me will act as building blocks for the 2008 growth. Transformation. I see some awesome transformation in the people around me, and am excited to see what God will be doing through them in 2008.

  • Our small group is growing ever closer together and closer in our individual walks with J.C. It's so cool to learn together, pray together, and have fun together. Transformation.
  • My bud, Raymond, had a tough year. He has an awesome heart and has remained connected to God, his family, and his friends through it all. He has also lost so much weight (although it wasn't really needed). He feels good about himself, and I am excited to see what God has in store for him this year. Transformation.
  • My friend, Steph, is growing in Christ more and more. There are struggles, for sure, but there is a thirst for the Holy Spirit. Transformation.
  • The church (not just Hope, but God's church...all of us...together) is doing some awesome things for God and for His children. I can't wait to see how lives will be transformed in 2008 through Hope Community Church, Elevation Church, Brunswick Bible Fellowship, Lakewood Church, Willow Creek, Northpoint, Ft. Mill Community, Raleigh Christian Community...well...you get the point. Transformation.

I know a lot of people are glad to get out of 2007. I know a lot of friends are beginning 2008 with some deep struggles. Transformation happens and we go through it together. From glory to glory to glory and on. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Not to sound cheesy, but this is an AWESOME thought-"Transformations that come about through revelations. Revelation is progressive. Transformation is, too". I definitely agree.