Thursday, August 16, 2007

Praying4Dwayne

These are some awesome guys in this picture above! This picture was taken on my friend, Dwayne Klein's wedding day. Dwayne is standing with his stepsons...strike that...his sons, Austin and Evan. It just so happens that Dwayne's bride is Nina Stone Klein, also my friend, and Mary Ann's sister.

I am sending out today a request for you all to pray for Dwayne, Nina, Austin, Evan, and Samantha. Dwayne has been staging a great fight against bone cancer. He has been so amazing through this and he has taught me a lot. He is currently at Duke Hospital receiveing stem cell transplant. He will remain at Duke for at least 2 weeks, and I am asking that you pray for his treatment, for his rest, for his doctors and nurses, for Nina and the kids, and for his HEALING!

Mary Ann and I had the remarkable opportunity of being with Dwayne and Nina last week at Duke as they were harvesting his stem cells. Dwayne is awesome! Here he is going through such a battle, and his sense of humor is as sharp as ever! He was a gracious host to us, and he was more concerned about us than what was happening to him.

Duke is such a crazy place to navigate, and Mary Ann and I were lost for quite a while trying to find Nina. But God knows just where Dwayne is and I am so thankful that Dwayne is at Duke receiving some excellent care. Our Lord has some amazing things in store for Dwayne, and I encourage you to lift him and his family up to our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Lord, I thank you for Dwayne and Nina!"

No comments: