Monday, September 10, 2007

Praying4LisaAustin

I have never had the privilege of meeting Lisa Austin, and it has been years since I have seen her husband, Bobby; but I wanted to send a request out to you all to be praying for them. Lisa was diagnosed about three weeks ago with breast cancer. Please take the time to visit www.carepages.com to read what has been going on in their journey to this point. Her page name is: lisaausinjourney. Bobby inadvertently left out the "t" in their last name. Once on the page, you can read updates, see photos of their family, and leave a message for them.

Bobby and I were born just hours apart in Prebyterian Hospital in Charlotte. Our fathers even worked for the same company! Even though Bobby and I never kept in touch, our families have been connected literally my entire life.

It was Bobby's father, Bob, who was the first one with me at the hospital when Beth suffered her heart attack. My dad had called him to let him know what had happened and that it would take them (Mom and Dad) several hours to make it to Cary. I think Bob got to the hospital before we did in the ambulance!

He sat with me in the emergency room and in the waiting room, and he prayed and prayed and consoled and comforted me, and then he would pray some more. I will NEVER forget that. I have no idea what I would have done without his calming presence there by my side.

So now we surround this family in the midst of this storm. They are no strangers to a battle. Bobby fought leukemia as a young boy. The battle indeed belongs to the Lord.

So, I implore you to pray for this family. I know you will.

Bobby included this in one of his posts on the site:

He referenced Isaiah 43, and wrote "May our gracious Lord be glorified as we walk the steps He has set before us. We know that He walks them as well."

Amen.

1 comment:

lynaskew said...

I will definately pray for these wonderful people!
Lyn