Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wanting Something I Already Have

I love God's patience. Obvioulsy, God has many, many characteristics, but I always lean so heavily on His patience with me! As I grow (from glory to glory) in my life with Christ, the Holy Spirit works to transform me...plucking and pruning and fine-tuning all along the way.

I so enjoy and thrive in my prayer life with God, but He is always there reminding me to "come up higher". The Holy Spirit will "nudge" me...sometimes gently...sometimes not so gently. Patience will reign, and then I need a good "kick".

Now I don't subscribe to any set "rules" or outlines in my prayers. It is just as God leads me. Sometimes, the prayers are lengthy, sometimes they are brief; and sometimes the prayer consists of a few groans, "ugggh's", and "Father...Help Me's"! I just pray until we are done!

Lately, God has really been teaching me to be mindful of the words I use when I speak with Him. Let me explain:

I can get caught up in praying, "God, give me your peace" or "God, be with me". God has very boldly spoken to my heart, and said..."Why don't you pray that you will BE AWARE of my peace and BE AWARE that I am ALWAYS with you!"

1 John 4:15 > "Anyone who confesses (acknowledges, owns) that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides (lives, makes His home) in him and he (abides, lives, makes his home) in God."

God lives in ME. I had been praying for peace that was already mine.

God lives in ME. I had been praying for God to be with me when He is ALWAYS with me.

God lives in ME. I had been praying for things that I already have through the power of Christ who LIVES IN ME!

Holy Spirit Conviction in my life. I am not trying to establish some "word police" on prayers. This was truth for Russ, and I just wanted to share that with you.

1 comment:

lynaskew said...

Boy, did I need to read that! I come to prayer with my shopping list of things that God has already given me! :-)
blessings,
Lyn