Tuesday, February 19, 2008


God is using some amazing people at Hope Community Church. Here is Debbie Dodson (left) and Mary Ann Sibley. 2 powerful women of God. 2 talented and ultra-creative forces. 2 passionate and compassionate friends. We are so blessed. Debbie is the Creative Arts and Drama Director (I'll call her the Creative Arts and Drama PASTOR), and Mary Ann is the Volunteer Ministries Director (I'll call her the Volunteer Ministries PASTOR). Praise God who annoints women such as these to lead in our churches and communities.
A good sense of humor counts for a lot. Both Debbie and Mary Ann reign in that department, and they are so good-natured about the back and forth ribbing. I just love to harp on Pastor Debbie about her "skits". (She despises that term...she prefers something like "vignettes". Isn't that the dressing you put on salads?) Hey! There is none better when it comes to excellence in drama.
If you know me and/or read this blog, you know how I feel about Pastor Mary Ann. With vision and concern, she blazes trails and leads in such an important role. She presses on and presses through as she walks with Christ and her family and friends. What a leader.
Debbie made my day today. So encouraging.
Mary Ann inspires me. What a blessing.
There are so many talented women at our church and churches across the world. Praise God! I'd follow these two anywhere. Who are the women that inspire you?

3 comments:

Debbie D said...

That's "vinaigrette" you moron! :)

OK, all kidding aside, I am so humbled and honored that you would write such kind and encouraging words. I am really touched. (And no, before you say it, not "in the head!") You really are such a sweet and giving guy and it is an honor to know you (and to be able to have fun with you!). I will continue to ask God's best for you as you move forward in life without your sweet Beth. And even though I didn't know her, I know she'd always and forever want the very best of the very best for you too. So always know that your friends are here for you and think an awful lot of you too.

And BTW, that's "Her Royal Highness" to you; everyone else may refer to me as "Pastor." :)
XOXOXO

Mary Ann said...

Wow Debbie...your spelling is actually really good! I checked HA!!

Russ - I don't know why He put us all together like He did but I'm glad He did and I am the one that is "belessed" (as my Mom says) and inspired. Especially how you have continued to love God and trust Him with this unexpected and unplanned path in your life.

Love you bunches!!
Schlappy (aka: Hot of "hotcakes"!)

The Buntens said...

Oh yes! What wonderful, creative, funny, warm, smart women these ladies are. Such blessings to so many! Hope would not be the wonderful place it is without them.