Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Road Trip!

Nine of us from the First Impressions Ministry at Hope head off tomorrow afernoon for the UNLEASH Conference at New Spring Church in Anderson, SC! WOOHOO! We have rented a van and we are going to have a blast! The conference itself will be fantastic...New Spring and their pastor, Perry Noble, are true innovaters. I am really looking forward to just getting away for a while, having fun for sure, and worshipping our Lord together with some fellow servants.

The cool thing about the group is that it is made up of different areas of service within First Impressions. Emily, Vicki, Kim, and Stephanie represent Common Grounds, our coffee shop. Amy and Michele do that Guides/Guest Services thang. Ken operates the M.A.S.H. unit (medical) at Hope. I roll with that Usher team, and then you got the Asian Sensation, Mary Ann Sibley directing the whole rodeo. I am really excited about getting to know some of these folks that I don't know so well yet.

Pray for our travel and for the greater Anderson area and the state of South Carolina!

We return to HCC late Thursday night and jump right into the Baptist State Convention's Prayer Conference Friday (all day) and Saturday...and then into Palm Sunday (well...all week-end) services. Nothing I'd rather be doing.

I have the honor of being "host" to Dr. Henry Blackaby for the Prayer Conference. Pray for him! "Experiencing God" was one of the first "Christian" books I read, so I am jazzed about having him with me. God has blessed me with the opportunity to do some pretty amazing things while serving at Hope, and this one rates right up there!

Maybe after this week-end, Dr. Blackaby's next book will be "Experiencing Russ"! Yo!

No comments: