Thursday, March 6, 2008

How Will I Ever Live Up To What My Coffee Mug Says About Me?

Been feeling a little "dry" as of late. Nothing serious, or at least I hope not! I am just experiencing some slow burn...well it feels like fast burn. I am really frustrated with my job, with my lack of clear direction, with myself in general. I know none of these feelings are from God. Just feeling some kicks from the enemy.

So, as I am working on the computer this morning and drinking my coffee....

My coffee mug joins the "pile on" and nails me.

I have a couple of mugs I use. I just grab the next one in the rotation each morning. Well...this morning's mug is one Mom gave me a while ago.

It has "Russ" in large letters across the top and this is the rest:

"Meaning:STRONG

When faced with a conflict,
You will take the lead.
For you are determined
And sure to succeed.
A true diplomat,
You are able to sway
Others into seeing
Everything your way.
As strong-willed as you are,
You'll command respect,
And always be called on
To plan and direct."

I don't need the pressure, ya know? It does remind me, however, of the character that God has made a part of who Russ is. I desperately want to fulfill God's plans for my life. I yearn to be the Russ He created me to be. No need to try to live up to my coffee mug or anyone's expectations. I've had the last drop of coffee, and my mug is as dry and empty as I'm feeling. Tomorrow, I'll awake and have my mug filled again. The only despair in the emptiness for me is the fear that the emptiness will remain. Thank God for His free re-fills.

2 comments:

lynaskew said...

You are all those things!!You are a great inspiration to me!:-)
Much love,
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.