Sunday, April 27, 2008

C3

I had the awesome opportunity today to worship at and experience C3 church in Clayton, NC. http://c3church.com

I love my church, but I also love seeing how God is working EVERYWHERE! I know I can get so focused on all of the wonderful things happening at Hope, that I sometimes forget about the Kingdom of God...the entire Kingdom! God is using more than just "my circle" to reach a hurting world. I never want to take for granted the true Kingdom building work being done around me. We should all be celebrating together.

Pastor Matt Fry is just crazy for Jesus. The passion and energy was contagious, and I know the Holy Spirit was present there today. I love the focus C3 is placing on Kingdom-building...generation after generation.

There was magnified joy and enthusiasm for what this community is believing for. "Real Hope for Real People in a Real World".

I read a lot of blogs (probably too many), and I am still amazed at the number of pastors, church leaders, and others who choose to be critical of what other churches are doing. It's jealousy. We should be celebrating together and building each other up and praying for each other. We should also be taking opportunities to expand our too limited vision. It's not just seeing what other churches are doing out there. It's about what our magnificent Lord is doing all around us.

So, I pray for Matt and Martha Fry and the C3 community. Thanks for the hospitality and all you do as you go about building God's Kingdom.

2 comments:

Rach said...

I'm glad you had a good time, I was thinkin' about ya!

The Buntens said...

Sounds like a very cool place.

I have been reading a ton of blogs lately about different types of churches and what is the best way to DO church.

The question, "What should Church look like today?" gets thrown around quite a bit. Ask a question like that and you will get 100 different answers.

Actually, I had to stop reading a couple blogs lately because they just made me feel so negative. I know their purpose is well-meaning, but it can be frustrating to read. Why can't we all just get along, ya know?

My thinking on this, is Why does it have to look the same everywhere? Some people meet God and grow in a home church. Some in mega churches. Since we have different personalities then why don't we expect to see different kinds of churches? I mean, not cultish different, but different mediums to how people meet and grow with Jesus. He never changes, but that doesn't mean churches can't or shouldn't.