Thursday, April 24, 2008

Give It Up

Isn't it a "kicker" when God is trying to teach you something and He brings real-life circumstances in to play to "show" you the principle or discipline in action? On "Enjoying Everyday Life" this week, Joyce Meyer has been teaching on Spirit -vs- Flesh. She said that "every choice...every decision you make is a seed you sow and will bring a harvest in your life".

"For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap decay and ruin and destruction, but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:8

Well, Amen!

That's an easy one to "amen" until...

God says, "OK. You think you got it?! Let's see that belief in action."

Something happened yesterday that kind of weirded me out a bit. It came from a source I didn't expect, and it confused me and bothered me. Initially, it hurt quite a bit. My previous nature would have been to set up camp on this thing and dwell, dwell, dwell! I would have been building my walls and getting myself all worked up.

I could feel my "flesh" heading down that destructive path yesterday. Praise God that the Holy Spirit alerted me that it was starting. I stopped. I prayed. I recalled Joyce's teaching from that very morning. I said, "OK, God. This is what your Word says (Galatians 6:8). I believe that acting the way my flesh wants me to act is going to lead to destruction in my heart, in my relationships, and in my life. I choose to give this completely to you. Completely. I am leaving it here at your feet, and I pray that the Holy Spirit keeps reminding me to not "pick it up" again. Ever! Thank you, Father, for the lesson. Thank you for growth and deliverance...and for FREEDOM from such things!"

If God needs to "deal with" something or someone about what happened, I have to allow Him...Him to do it...not me and not my flesh. I am responsible for how God is leading me, and that is plenty to keep me focused on. No need here to "set up camp" and allow the enemy to gain a foothold.

Thank you, God, for this lesson. Any chance I can have an easier lesson today?

No comments: