Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Watching The Needle

It is not my thing to drive around in my car with the gas gauge nearing the big "E". I did it today, and for far longer than I was anywhere near comfortable with. It may have had to do with the repugnant thought of shelling out $3.62 for one flippin' gallon of gas! (The economy is just fine, though; don't worry. Yeah, right!)

I usually put gas in the car when the gauge nears 1/4 of a tank left. Grandpa McDonald used to always say that a car just ran better on a full tank.

Same thing with me. Russ runs much better when the tank is closer to full than it is to empty. I can feel an uneasiness when I get closer and closer to "E" in my life...whether it is spiritually, relationally, physically, emotionally, etc. Gotta make sure I know where that needle is, and if necessary; take the steps to push that needle back towards "F".

For me:

Gotta get around high-energy, passionate, positive sold-out people of focus (which often means, as well, getting away from the no-energy, lackluster, lukewarm double-minded people!)

Gotta check and make sure that I am keeping God FIRST - in EVERYTHING.

I said, "EVERYTHING".

Gotta keep communing with my Lord

Gotta get under some great teaching and preaching (lately for me...it's been Matt Fry, Joyce Meyer, Rick Hammond, and Ed Young)

Gotta get an occasional tune-up. That is why I am heading to the DC area in a couple of weeks for The Whiteboard Sessions (http://www.thewhiteboardsessions.com) I am going by myself, and that's a long drive...for me at least. I am so excited, though! I am going with big and bold expectations!

So, I "gotta" stay closer to "full". I have to watch the needle and stay out of that red zone. I don't want to be stalled out and not moving forward.

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Fire it up friend!! I'm with you on this one!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'll try to do better so we can still hang out.

lynaskew said...

Go, Russ, Go!! You are a great inspiration to me as you are always on fire for the Lord!!

The Buntens said...

Oh yeah, Russ. I am right there with you. We have to fill up with the right things to keep going!

MaryMoo said...

Hi Russ,

Would love to have a little discussion with you on economics..... ;)