Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thanks For Sharing

Do you remember when you were growing up and constantly being reminded (forced) to share? Share your toys...share your snacks...share, share, share! Yuck, right?

For me now...I get the importance of sharing. I better get it, huh? How pathetic would I be...a 39 year-old guy running around hording things for himself?

I love sharing music. Man! If an artist "gets me going", I will try to get that cd to everybody! Tift Merritt, for a great example. When "Another Country" came out, I wanted everyone I knew to hear it. Most liked it, or at least told me they did. (one exception...Jake and Jenny Carpenter...they didn't like her at all. Pray for them.)

I also love sharing good books. If something someone has written impacted me in a huge way, I want all my friends to read it.

I love sharing food...or mostly having someone share it with me. We went to George's Garage in Durham before the Tift concert in March. That place was off the flippin' chain! I told everybody! Mary Ann got me hooked...HOOKED...on the barbeque sandwiches from CookOut. Man! Good BBQ, slaw, and hot sauce! Are you kidding me? I tell everybody about those sandwiches.

But...

Am I using every opportunity to tell people about God and what He is doing in my life? Am I sharing about the impact of God in my life? The peace of God in my life? The power of God in my life?

Share. Share good music. Share good books. Share good food. Share.

I need to be mindful of sharing the GREATEST thing in my life, and that is Jesus Christ.

Off to CookOut for a bbq sandwich.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You don't always have to verbalize your love for Jesus...other stuff may NEED it..like a bbq sandwich or a cd. No one would know a good sandwich after you ate one unless you told them. But your daily walk, your loving heart, the way to listen to hurting friends and loved ones, your hugs, your smile, the time you spend with people..even the ones that no one else would want to spend time with..that IS telling others about Jesus. YOU, RUSS, share who Jesus is to you in a very beautiful and personal way - which is what people really crave and are looking for! Rock on friend and GO TIFT!!!

Rach said...

YOU flippin' rock, dear one. Thanks for the good food, good dogs, and good "sermon" ;o)

The Buntens said...

Good point.
Mary Ann has a very very good point there. You SHOW Jesus in your writing and by just being you.

I love Tift!!! I even put her in my sidebar on my blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.